QUALITY AT NORBEV
The company has had a certified Quality Management system in place since 2002 formerly accredited under EFSIS and now known as the BRC Global Standard in Food Safety. The company currently hold Grade A certification.
By complying with all of our clients standards in relation to quality, Norbev increase their level of quality resulting in maintaining what we describe as the highest common denominator, satisfying all quality needs that are asked of us from all relevant bodies.
Our Food Safety and Quality Policy is to ensure;
That the highest possible standards of food safety, quality and hygiene are achieved throughout all our processing activities.
The company has a legal, moral and business imperative to ensure that food safety and food quality are effectively managed throughout the business. The company has a responsibility to its customers to ensure that products produced are safe, legal and that they fulfil the customers’ expectations completely.
Food safety is achieved through effective management of the HACCP plan. Product quality is achieved through effective implementation of the Quality Management System. The Quality Management System is based on the BRC Global Standard for Food safety (Version 5).
The company is committed to regularly review its quality performance and to a process of continual improvement in all aspects of food safety and quality.
It is the responsibility of Senior Management to communicate the above requirements to all members of staff.
The realisation of the Quality Policy is achieved through: –
- Implementation and management of the company’s Food Safety and Quality Management system to the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety.
- Ensuring all staff are aware of and understand the company’s Quality Policy and commitment to Quality & Safety.
- Providing the financial and human resources required to meet its obligations.
Here at Norbev we believe that we have a responsibility to care for and protect the surrounding environment in which we operate. It is important to us to co-ordinate our business activities in a way that is sustainable and will make a positive impact on the community and environment. We are fully committed to improving our environmental performance across all of our business activities and we encourage all of our stakeholders to join us in our effort to make Norbev a more environmentally friendly company.
We believe that our key environmental impacts are as follows;
- Energy consumption
- Waste management
- Emissions to air
- Emissions to land
- Water usage
- Community aspects
In order to limit the environmental impacts of Norbev, we strive to:
1. Adapt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation.
2. We will meet and exceed all the relevant legal requirements that Norbev must comply with.
3. Realise the commitment needed from top management levels within the company. Without this the policy and the Environmental Management System will not succeed.
4. Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
5. Assess all of our activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts.
6. Train all of our employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
7. Where possible aim to include environmental considerations when dealing with new customers.
8. Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems.
9. Continually assess the environmental impacts of all our operating procedures.
10. Commit to installing a pollution prevention work ethic
We are currently working on the creation and implementation of an Environmental Management System (EMS). This system will ensure that as a company, we become fully aware of our environmental impacts on the environment that surrounds us. As this work progresses we are beginning to develop each impact and assess the best possible way to deal with each of these.
The long term plan for our Environmental Management System is to achieve ISO 14001 certification, highlighting our ambition to make this system “live” within Norbev Ltd.
Current Environmental Activity:
- We are introducing a new waste management system that will segregate our waste and divert it from landfill.
- We are delivering training to our employees on various environmental issues.
- We hope to introduce an onsite food recycling facility. This will enable us to recycle our food waste into compost.
- We are signed up to take part in Green Office Week in a bid to create some environmental interest among the employees. This week will be used as an attempt to create some hype and interest that can be carried on throughout the year within the factory.
We are currently looking at reducing PET for our bottles from 23g to 20g and also decreasing our shrink wrap thickness from 70mu to 55mu; this will all help in our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint which is one of our top aims for the future.
COMMUNITY PROJECTS & CHARITY INVOLVEMENT
We believe we have a responsibility to our community and all those surrounding our business as we impact the lives and livelihoods of many. Our aim is to promote a positive attitude within our company towards making a difference. We are committed to investing what time and funding we can to our local community through various projects and make a positive impact globally through high ethical standards and forming partnerships with charities.
Current Commitments and Activity:
- STEM- Sentinus program which provides guidance and learning to school children in relation to Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
- Working closely with Son Shine Club on their Son Shine Water campaign, which aims to raise funds for the provision of education, clean water, medical care, food relief and economic projects.
- We are actively seeking to help the community in any way that we can and continuously assist with sponsorship for events for various churches and groups and also work with local schools on educating the youth on business practices and possible future job opportunities. We believe today’s youth are our future and we should invest in them what we can; giving them every opportunity to grow and achieve greatness.